Monday 11 July 2011

Save your peppers!

Did you get peppers from the farmers' market (or better yet your garden) and now you have more than you can use?  Don't let them go to waste, put on some gloves (please trust me on this tip & don't rub your eyes) get yourself some twine and tie 'em up.  Don't worry about even spacing or fancy knots, just get it done.  To make things go faster for me I crammed two peppers in for each one knot I tied.  Put a loop on the cord after you have attached the last pepper and you can hang them from a hook or nail.  They dry nicely.  I used them all winter long, cooking food that made even the dish water steam spicy! 
In this picture you can see two stems tied in one simple knot.  You can also see the silhouettes of seeds inside the dried fruit.  I sued these to start the peppers that I moved into my garden.  This past week they began to blossom.  I can't wait for the new crop.

These are such a lovely red that I'm posting two pictures for you.  : )

No comments:

Post a Comment